Monday, August 22, 2005

Thanks and we'll miss you.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/08/22/moog.obit.ap/index.html

Thanks, Robert.

Thanks for "Switched On Bach". Thanks for Herbie Hancock, Howard Jones, Stevie Wonder. Thanks for the collected work of Alan Parsons, whom I still love after all these years. Thanks for Tangerine Dream.

Thanks for Paul Oakenfold. Thanks for Kevin Moore and Chroma Key. Thanks for "Lucky Man" and "Never Been Any Reason". Thanks for Roxy Music and "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "Oxygene".

I know that a lot of these artists used digital synthesizers. This isn't a historical tribute; this is an acknowledgement of a humble music fan to the man who started a lifelong love for the keyboard. I remember when I was six or so listening to my dad's recording (hell, it might have been an eight-track) of "Switched On Bach" and falling in love. All the music I love like that came from that. And that's enough to honor and remember a man's memory, a man who along with Deutsch and Carlos created something labyrinthine, baroque, unwieldy --

...and beautiful.

Thanks, Robert.

What is remembered, lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home